With Ubuntu 12.04, HP LaserJet M1132 MFP Printer/Scanner almost works out of the box – the device is detected correctly but HP-setup must be run to enable printing/scanning. Here is what you gotta do:
(if you are looking for a guide on how to use the built-in scanner, then I have also made a guide for that here: LINK)
1. Make sure that the HP LaserJet M1132 MFP is connected to the computer and power is turned on!
2. Open a terminal (pro-tip: press CTRL+ALT+T)
3. Run the following command in the terminal (pro-tip: paste the code into the terminal using CTRL+ALT+V, once you have copied the code from this website):
sudo hp-setup -i
4. Go through the setup process…
5. At some point, the program wants to download a proprietary binary file (hp-plugin) and that can take a couple of minutes to start downloading – be patient, it will start!
6. Once the setup has finished, printing should work without any problems…
Please write a comment if the guide works for you or if something does not work