I have tried countless guides on how to install the driver for “HP LaserJet M1132 MFP” on Windows 10. It worked perfectly on Windows 8 and it also works on my laptop with Windows 10 but not my desktop computer with Windows 10. The driver installation just stops after extracting archive is complete, but the actual installation never continues. Windows 10 also tries to install the driver using HP Smart, but that does not work either.
However, I found a solution that worked for me:
- Unplug the USB cable to the printer (otherwise windows 10 will keep trying to install the printer driver using HP Smart)
- Remove any existing HP-driver for the printer and HP Smart (if Windows 10 installed that already)
- Download the driver: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-m1132-multifunction-printer-series/3965842/model/3965843
- Run the driver executable (LJM1130_M1210_MFP_Full_Solution.exe)
- Wait for the extraction dialog to complete and then nothing happens. (It should probably have started the installation, but that seems to fail)
- Then go to “%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\” (i.e. “C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\”) and locate the latest modified folder which contains HpSetup.exe and run that file. Now the driver will be installed and it works!
Do let me know if it works for you as well or if you have any issues with it 🙂